Cologne is always worth a visit!
On a few days off or on a weekend, there is something to discover in Cologne in every season. Currently, almost all restaurants are open, there is a registration obligation for guests and also wearing a face mask is needed. Many cafes and big beer gardens are open, bars as well, clubs are still closed. Some theaters are already open to the public as well as cinemas. You can also visit the municipal museums as well as the Cologne Cathedral and other churches.
The May-Apartment itself is also surrounded by many interesting places and locations, which can be explored in short walking distances or by suburban train; refer to surroundings for details or feel free to ask us!
Here are our personal tips for a great time in Cologne.
Walking, relaxing, running:
Rochuspark and Taku Field are within a 5 minutes walking distance.
Public swimming pool (indoor and outdoor):
Ossendorfbad, 7 minutes on foot including a walk through the Rochuspark, www.koelnbaeder.de/sauna/ossendorfbad/
Südhang, Dirk Palicki, great advice, recommendable gourmet evenings, www.suedhang.de
Our favorite places:
Kääzmann´s,Bickendorfer Brauhaus, typical Kölsch food, nice atmosphere, www.kaeaezmanns.de
Restaurant Limbourg, for Gourmets and special occasions, www.limbourg.restaurant
HoteLux, cocktails and Russian cuisine, www.hotelux-koeln.de
Restaurant and beer garden at the Stadtgarten, near trainstation Köln-West, www.stadtgarten.de
Cinenova, with restaurant Loucine to enjoy and a beer garden, www.cinenova.de
Odeon, Severinstraße, www.odeon-koeln.de
Ludwig museum, www.museum-ludwig.de
Chocolate museum, www.schokoladenmuseum.de
Not in the mood?
Stay in the apartment and find out, why it is still worth the trip:
- Change of scenery! Spend the night away from everyday life and enjoy a little holiday
- Rochuspark: Go for a walk! The park is only within 3 minutes walking distance
- Enjoy: In the immediate vicinity there are two great wine Shops with a wide range
- Television: Our large TV has Internet Access, so you can receive tons of channels through the receiver - while you enjoy the delicious wine
- Idyllic scenery of our courtyard: The apartment is located in our historical Courtyard, where you have your own seat for breakfast in the sun
- Chickens: Only at our place there are free-range hens in the garden - and you are welcome to sit with the chicks at the pond, who are guaranteed to spread a good mood with their cheeky, curious manner